Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Beat the urge

SO, let me tell you the situation and how I beat my urge to quit the fast.
I have been invited to a major dinner event with my wife. (Just my luck huh.) And EVERYONE I need to be there for my new business will be there. SO I figured I didn't want to be rude and not eat. So I've been struggling back and forth because if I didn't break the fast today I won't be able to eat in time for the event anyways. So after some serious thinking and praying I decided not to break my fast. To me, this was the third  temptation by the devil analogous to Jesus. "All this could be yours! If you 'cast yourself down' " Ah naw, I'm good. Get behind me adversary. You see, the FALLING of Jesus from the spiritual pinnacle back to the state of SAGE would have been achieved by eating. Anyone who has fasted KNOWS, that eating is the devil. LOL. Ok not exactly, it's almost as if you are feeding a "food demon". The USA has done a great job of feeding these "Food Demons" with corporations that help make us sick after years of bad eating. Ironically, in other countries, that is not the case. With healthy food in places like Egypt (Falafel), or Japan etc etc! Let's be honest, we have an obesity problem, which is leading to heart disease, which is the leading cause of death in the USA. Ironically, fasting, eating right (non-gmo,less dairy etc) would help tremendously.

Now I know what you are thinking. "But BRO, didn't Jesus say it matters not what goes IN the mouth, but what goes OUT!" Yeah, but let's look at the difference of then and now. THEN, all food was organic. You could walk in a field and eat am ear of corn straight- no pesticides or gmo issues to worry about. So yea, it mattered not what went in- IT WAS ALL HEALTHY. Boy oh BOY,how has that changed!

I feel good about my decision. Besides, I could live with loosing the biz deal because I didn't eat, but couldn't live with myself if I loose the deal because I did! I will get the other dinner wrapped up to go, and take it home for my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment